Find out more about innovative interior designer and entrepreneur Sasha deBretton with our collection of ten fast facts.
- Sasha embarked on her first money-making enterprise when she was eight years old. To earn extra spends she sold raffle tickets to neighbours for a home-baked chocolate cake. Other childhood schemes included making lemonade and charging people to watch her dance in her own concerts.
- Her first job was as a makeup artist, which unleashed her creative side.
- Sasha has also worked in a food hall of a marina, and once dreamed of being an air hostess.
- Sasha’s favourite quote is one of her father’s favourite sayings: “There are three kinds of people in this world: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened.”
- Sasha bought her first investment property when she was 21, and in one year alone amassed 17 properties.
- Before launching Million Dollar Makeovers Sasha was a corporate high flyer, a multi-award winning sales and marketing executive.
- Sasha is a big list maker. Being highly organised and super efficient are two of the keys to her success.
- When Sasha talks about rapid renovations she really means it. She has carried out top-to-toe transformations of mansions in just five days.
- In her spare time Sasha loves to box, and goes running with her daughter followed by vegging out on the sofa watching their favourite cookery shows on TV.
- Sasha is also a dab hand in the kitchen, loves creating her own recipes and is halfway through writing her own recipe book. Her favourite dish is chicken in caramelised cherry tomatoes with a spring onion champ (posh way of saying gourmet mash).